Who We Are
The California Asphalt Pavement Association (CalAPA), originally founded in 1953 in Los Angeles, is a non-profit trade association and is comprised of asphalt producers, refiners, paving contractors, testing labs, consulting engineers, product suppliers, equipment manufacturers and representatives from other companies related to the asphalt pavement industry in California. CalAPA members operate facilities in every part of the state. The association works closely with Caltrans, local agencies, university researchers and regional and national industry associations. CalAPA has strategic alliances with public agencies and the National Asphalt Pavement Association, the Asphalt Institute and the Asphalt Alliance. CalAPA members and activities reflect a broad, comprehensive base of knowledgeable resources available to assist its members, the industry and all others interested in asphalt pavements. CalAPA is dedicated to serving the industry, working in partnership with public agencies, and improving California's asphalt pavement infrastructure for the benefit of all Californians. Click HERE to learn more about CalAPA membership.
To promote the economic and environmentally compatible use of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) and related asphalt products through education and participation with the public and private sectors. This mission will be accomplished by the concerted effort and active participation of Association members and partners.
Code of Ethics
The Board of Directors of the California Asphalt Pavement Association has approved a Code of Ethics for member firms. Click HERE to read it.
- Encourage and promote the use of Hot Mix Asphalt as a cost-effective paving material.
- Provide for the effective input and dissemination of information to and from the membership.
- Participate and influence the effective and practical promulgation of specifications at the Federal, State, and Local levels.
- Encourage and promote environmental awareness, health and safety, and the use and recycling of natural resources through practical and economically effective regulations.
- Support and participate with other organizations in pursuit of accomplishing our mutual objectives.
- Participate and influence the legislative and the political process to forward the mission of the Association
Chairman Jordan Reed, George Reed Inc.
Vice Chairman Jim Ryan, Marathon
Treasurer Scott Bottomley, Blue Diamond / Sully-Miller
Secretary Toni Carroll, Graniterock
Immediate Past Chairman Mike Murray, Hardy & Harper
2019 Executive Committee
Scott Bottomley, Blue-Diamond / Sully Miller
Jim Ryan, Marathon
Alan French, DeSilva Gates Materials
John Greenwood, California Commercial Asphalt
Toni Carroll, Graniterock
Mike Murray, Vulcan Materials
Jeff Benedict, Valero Marketing & Supply
Jordan Reed, George Reed Inc.
Mike Murray, Hardy & Harper
For more information on any of the items on this website or to find out more about CalAPA please contact:
Russell W. Snyder, CAE, Executive Director
California Asphalt Pavement Association
Mailing Address: PO Box 981300, West Sacramento, CA 95798
Main Office: 1550 Harbor Blvd., Suite 211, West Sacramento, CA 95691
Click HERE to submit an e-mail inquiry.